The iPhone or Android phone in our pocket is our primary computer these days, and that's where we're worried the most about apps or services spying on our personal data to serve us targeted ads. Then there's actual spying from malicious apps that try to steal sensitive information from your devices. But we should have similar concerns for traditional computers, including Windows PCs and Macs, as those apps might also be spying on us without our knowledge.
PCs might be even more vulnerable to malicious attacks, especially devices running on older operating systems that haven't received the latest security updates. Moreover, advertising companies collect data from desktops and laptops as well, of course.
The good news is that there are ways to check what apps might be spying on you and limit their access to your computer data.
The post How to stop programs on your computer from secretly spying on you appeared first on BGR.
Today's Top Deals
- Amazon is giving away free Echo Dots & LED smart bulbs right now
- Best wireless CarPlay adapter is on sale for only $69
- Today’s deals: $199 AirPods Pro 2, $3 smart plugs, $15 Echo Dot, iPad deals, Tile sale, more
- Oops! 47 crazy Black Friday deals Amazon forgot to end
Trending Right Now:
- Netflix’s The Witcher franchise feels like it’s collapsing before our eyes
- New study proposes building space stations inside asteroids
- Samsung is ready to spend big on the Galaxy S23
By: Chris Smith
Title: How to stop programs on your computer from secretly spying on you
Sourced From: bgr.com/tech/how-to-stop-programs-on-your-computer-from-secretly-spying-on-you/
Published Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2022 17:25:07 +0000
Did you miss our previous article…