Black Friday is the biggest shopping event of the season, and it’s often the best time to get a good deal on all the tech gadgets you’re looking for. In 2022 Black Friday is technically on November 25, but it has sort of become an entire “season” unto itself, with sales extending several days before and after, and often changing over time.
Looking for a great deal on an iPhone during Black Friday can be complicated. In the U.S., most deals come from carriers, who for the most part have been running deals on new iPhones since their introduction in September, but often advertise the deals as new. The deals almost always come with a heap of strings attached that may not make them a good deal, depending on how willing you are to be locked into a certain carrier and plan.
In the U.K. it’s a little less convoluted, with regular discounts available from specific vendors. We’ll highlight the best of those here.
Apple issued a rare warning in early November that supply for iPhone 14 Pro models is going to be especially tight this holiday season. So expect late shipments, and consider looking at different colors or storage allocations–here’s a guide to your options.
Black Friday 2022: Apple’s shopping event
Apple doesn’t hold a Black Friday sale but rather holds a four-day shopping event where purchasing a new Apple product gets a free Apple gift card, which can be used for buying more Apple stuff (or apps, or in-app purchases). This year’s Apple shopping event is from November 25-28.
- $50/£50 Apple Gift Card: iPhone 13, iPhone 13 mini, iPhone 12, or iPhone SE. There are no discounts for the iPhone 14 line.
Black Friday 2022: U.S. iPhone deals
- Walmart is giving away a $300 eGift card with any iPhone 14 or iPhone 14 Pro purchase and activation with Verizon or AT&T.
- Best Buy is offering an additional $40-55 off iPhone 14 models (discount varies by model) for those who have service with Verizon, AT&T, or T-Mobile and are qualified for an upgrade.
Black Friday 2022: U.S. carrier deals
These are the current deals from the three major U.S. carriers, but they might change (or be enhanced) for a few days around Black Friday. Conditions always apply here–you may have to have a specific plan, open a new line, or trade in a device. Most U.S. carrier deals require you to buy the phone on an installment plan, and then you get the discount as bill credits toward your monthly payment.
- AT&T: Get up to $800 in bill credits when you buy a new iPhone 14 and trade in your old phone, with a qualifying unlimited plan.
- T-Mobile: Get up to $800 in bill credits when you buy an iPhone and trade in an eligible device, with a Magenta MAX plan.
- Verizon: Get up to $800 in bill credits toward an iPhone 14 with trade-in and select Unlimited plans.
- Verizon: You can get $540 off an iPhone 14 Plus when you upgrade to a new 5G Unlimited line and opt for monthly device payments. Switchers will also get an extra $200 Verizon gift card.
- Verizon: Get a free iPhone 13 mini with a new 5G Start, 5G Do More, 5G Play More, or 5G Get More Unlimited plan.
- Xfinity Mobile: Save $500 on an iPhone 14 purchase when opening a new line.
- Visible: Get a $250 gift card with the purchase of any iPhone and a pair of Beats Studio Buds with an iPhone 14 purchase.
Black Friday 2022: U.K. iPhone deals
This is our pick of the current deals. For the latest deals on specific models, check the automated price-comparison tables below.
- Laptops Direct, iPhone 14 Plus: £929 (£20 off–ignore the “£188” saving claimed on the site)
- Amazon, iPhone 13 mini: £639 (£10 off)
- Amazon, iPhone 13 mini (256GB): £711.86 (£47.14 off)
- Amazon, iPhone 13 (128GB): £729 (£20 off)
- Amazon, iPhone 13 (256GB): £829 (£30 off)
- John Lewis, get a free Apple 20W USB-C Power Adapter when you buy selected iPhones
Black Friday 2022: Deals on iPhone accessories
Many of the best deals are going to be on iPhone accessories–cases, chargers, cables, and the like. There are way too many such products to keep track of, and many small discounts come and go throughout the Black Friday sale. Here, we’ll highlight only the most interesting bargains; products that are rarely discounted or exceptionally good prices on accessories we recommend.
- Amazon, MagSafe Battery Pack: $75 ($24 off)
- Amazon, MagSafe Duo Charger: $97.49 ($31.51 off)
- Amazon, AirTag 4-pack: $80 ($19 off)
- Amazon, Apple Leather Wallet with MagSafe: $45 ($14 off)
- Amazon, iPhone 14 Pro silicon case: $37.49 ($11.51 off)
- Amazon, iPhone 14 Pro Max silicon case: $37.49 ($11.51 off)
- Amazon U.K., Apple MagSafe Battery Pack: £79 (£20 off)
- Amazon U.K., Apple MagSafe Duo Charger: £99 (£30 off)
- Amazon U.K., Apple MagSafe Charger: £39 (£6 off)
- Amazon U.K., AirTag 4-pack: £99 (£20 off)
- Amazon U.K., AirTag Leather Loop: £25.96 (£19.04 off)
- Amazon U.K., up to 34 percent off iPhone 14 and 14 Pro cases
Black Friday 2022: iPhone 14 deals
Black Friday 2022: iPhone 14 Plus deals
Black Friday 2022: iPhone 14 Pro deals
Black Friday 2022: iPhone 14 Pro Max deals
Black Friday 2022: iPhone 13 Pro Max deals
Black Friday 2022: iPhone 13 Pro deals
Black Friday 2022: iPhone 13 deals
Black Friday 2022: iPhone 13 mini deals
Black Friday 2022: iPhone SE (2022) deals
MSRP: $429/£449 (was $429/£419)
Black Friday 2022: iPhone 12 deals
Black Friday 2022: iPhone 12 mini deals
MSRP was: $599/£579
Black Friday 2022: All Apple deals
Stay on top of the best Black Friday deals as they arrive with our dedicated roundups